• Give reasons why it is important to add the correct amount of
product and carrier to your spray tank.
• Given the formulas provided in this chapter, determine:
– The total area of a site to be treated
– How much total spray mix and/or product you need to make
a given application
– How much product to add to a spray tank
– How much carrier to add to a spray tank
– The total area (in acres or square feet) you can spray with a
full or partially filled tank
– How much pesticide product it takes to apply a specified
amount of active ingredient per acre
– How much pesticide product and carrier are needed to make
a given percentage spray
• Convert the amount of spray mix and product needed from a per
acre basis to a per 1000 square feet basis and vice versa.