• Define residue and tolerance with respect to pesticide use on
• Tell what happens if a tolerance is exceeded on an agricultural
• Describe how the Food Quality Protection Act assesses
• Explain how tolerances are set and enforced.
• With respect to label directions that must be followed to help
prevent tolerances from being exceeded:
– Give examples of such directions.
– Tell where you can find them on the pesticide label.
– Explain how following the directions prevents tolerances
from being exceeded.